Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful’s 2021-2022 Green Youth Advisory Council
With a vast number of its programs and events either involving local youth or geared to families, school green teams and civic groups like Girls & Boy Scouts of America, it makes all the sense in the world to look toward youth leaders for key insights on how to engage a new generation of environmental stewards. To that end, Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful (GC&B) – a Keep America Beautiful affiliate – is proud to have its own Green Youth Advisory Council to help evolve programs and engage other young people within the community. We finished up our school year and appreciate our Class of 2021-2022 Green Youth Advisory Council members. Congratulations to the seniors-we know you’ll continue doing amazing things!
The newest members of Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful’s Green Youth Advisory Council are:
- Cynthia Bui, Senior – Mountain View HS
- Diya Lakwani, Senior – McClure Health and Science HS
- Daeun (Ella) Lee, Sophomore – Mill Creek HS
- Arshan Rafiq, Sophomore – Peachtree Ridge HS
- Stephanie Ramos, Senior – Paul Duke STEM HS
- Amay Shah, Junior – Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Shivali Singh, Freshman – Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Trevor Spake, Junior – Brookwood HS
- Palice Zimmerman, Junior – Archer HS
Plus the eleven returning members:
- Ariella Ayenesazan, Sophomore – Peachtree Ridge HS
- Suraj Chatoth, Junior – North Gwinnett HS
- Danielle Chun, Sophomore – Mill Creek HS
- Hannah Cook, Senior – Brookwood HS
- Tanner Dilworth, Senior – Mountain View HS
- Daniel Jung, Senior – Mill Creek HS
- Emily Laycock, Senior – Mill Creek HS
- Jack Prewitt, Junior – Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Miles Simmons, Junior – Archer HS
- Samara West, Senior – Paul Duke STEM HS
- Logan Zimmerman, Senior – Discovery HS
Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful’s High School Green Youth Advisory Council (Green YAC) is a unique hands-on opportunity for high school students from diverse backgrounds to participate in an environmental and sustainability service-learning and leadership development program. Participants will contribute to and inform Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful on projects that impact local and global environmental challenges while acting as ambassadors and leaders for youth service in their communities.
The Green Youth Advisory Council will provide the opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills while engaging in creative work focused on litter prevention, beautification, community greening, waste reduction and recycling, food insecurity and more
- Collaborate with like-minded peers with unique perspectives from across the county
- Assist with design and implementation of environmental program initiatives for engaging youth in community service
- Act as an ambassador in their school and community through engaging youth and county leaders by promoting sustainability, environmental literacy, and civic engagement
- Earn service hours and a letter of recommendation for college, employment, etc.
- Seniors will be considered for two (2) $2,000 post-secondary scholarships through the GC&B Jim Steele Environmental Education Scholarship Fund.
Apply now for the 2022-2023 Advisory Council. The deadline is August 28th, so be sure to apply today! The application can be completed here: